I am so excited to announce that Down Home Mama will be providing Birth Doula services in the Southern Orange county area! Please continue to read this post to find out all about my services. You can also find this (PLUS THE MOST RECENT/UPDATED) information on the “Doula” page in the main navigation.
Why did I decide to become a doula?
Having had two natural births myself, I felt so empowered and so thankful for the support of my doula. I really believe that she made my labor and delivery so much more efficient, enjoyable, safer, and quicker. With her verbal, physical, and energetic support I birthed two healthy babies (two different pregnancies) my way. These two experiences have stayed with me, and I want to help provide pregnancy and labor/delivery support for future mamas so they too can feel what I felt.
I want to help create a safe place for mothers to learn about their bodies, to embrace what is happening inside their womb, and help them bring their baby earth-side. I am so incredibly passionate about this incredible occurrence we women are lucky enough to experience.
What are the benefits of hiring a doula?
What qualifies me to support you in one of the most important experiences in your life? Well firstly, my own experience. I have had two successful vaginal births, without intervention with the support of my own birth team, husband (coach), and birth doula. I have experienced the throws of labor and delivery; the ups and the downs, the pain and the relief, the empowerment and the doubt.
I am currently working toward my DONA certification, as well as additional education that will be beneficial to both mama, baby, and partner. I have attended and used the Bradley Method birthing education series, which was and continues to be extremely beneficial.
I have aided many women during their pregnancies, providing advice, tips, and a comforting shoulder to lean and cry on. I am fully aware of various positions and techniques to use in labor. I have a strong commitment to natural childbirth, and posses the knowledge and experience you are looking for in a labor support professional. I am here to help you through this beautiful, and sometimes difficult time; through pregnancy, labor and delivery, and postpartum support.
- One prenatal visit to go over your birth plan details and discuss your expectations and/or concerns.
- New Exercises at every prenatal appointment to ensure optimal fetal positioning for birth.
- Unlimited prenatal support via phone, text and email.
- Guaranteed back-up doulas.
- Unlimited emotional & physical support for the mother during labor (help with positioning, massage, relaxation techniques, water, snacks, etc.).
- Unlimited support for your partner during your labor (help with positioning, relaxation support, emotional support, water, snack prep, etc.).
- Optional Use of Doulas :
- Organic, Non-GMO Essential Oils & Diffuser
- Postpartum support (1-2 hours) to ensure the mother and father are settled in and comfortable (help with cleaning, meal prep). Also to answer any questions, help with breastfeeding or take snapshots of your new family.
This covers the time from the point of a signed contract, prenatal visits, being on-call and costs during the labor and birth (support time, gas, childcare, food etc.). If finances are an issue, I would be happy to work out a payment plan that suits your needs. A deposit is required when contracted and the remaining amount by 37 weeks.
Currently I am serving the Southern Orange County area including: Mission Viejo, San Juan Capistrano, Laguna Niguel, Laguna Hills, Irvine, Rancho Santa Margarita, Coto de Caza, Dove Canyon, Ladera Ranch, Rancho Mission Viejo, Lake Forest, Foothill Ranch, and San Clemente.
If you do not see your city listed, please still reach out to me!