What are the benefits of hiring a doula?
For further reading on evidence-based research supporting doula involvement, please follow this link to “What do Doulas Really do?” by Penny Simkin.
What qualifies me to support you in one of the most important experiences in your life? Well firstly, my own experience. I have had two successful vaginal births, without intervention with the support of my own birth team, husband (coach), midwife, and birth doula. I have experienced the throes of labor and delivery; the ups and the downs, the pain and the relief, the doubt and the empowerment.
I have received various trainings and am always seeking out new, effective, and exciting methods, techniques, and information to empower and educate both myself, my clients, and their families. Though I began providing birth support in 2016, I received my official doula training through DONA International in the fall of 2018. I am also educated in Spinning Babies techniques, the Bradley Method, acupressure and essential oils for pregnancy/labor, and Rebozo applications. I am qualified for supporting women in virtually any birth scenario: hospital, birth center, and home birth.
I have aided many women during their pregnancies, providing advice, tips, evidence-based information, but I also a have a very holistic mindset. I am an avid informed consent advocate and will help you both understand your various options and rights (and standard procedures), and also how to fight for your options and choices. I may put you in situations which force you to analyze your own perceptions of “normal” birth, newborn procedures and beyond, and your own postpartum recovery and transition into this beautiful thing we call Parenthood. I am fully aware of various positions and techniques to use in the different stages of labor. I have a strong commitment to helping you achieve your ideal birth, and posses the knowledge and experience you are looking for in a labor support professional. I am here to help you through this beautiful, and sometimes difficult time; through pregnancy, labor and delivery, and postpartum.
- One or Two (dependent on need) in-home prenatal visit to go over your birth plan details and discuss your expectations and/or concerns.
- One in-home postpartum visit
- Exercises at your prenatal appointment(s) to ensure optimal fetal positioning for birth, that you and your partner can practice.
- Unlimited prenatal support via phone, text and email.
- Guaranteed back-up doula.
- Unlimited emotional & physical support for the mother during labor (help with positioning, massage, relaxation techniques, use of rebozo, water, snacks, etc.).
- Unlimited support for your partner during your labor (help with positioning, relaxation support, emotional support, water, snack prep, etc.).
- Optional Use of Doulas :
- Organic, Non-GMO Essential Oils & Diffuser
- Postpartum support (1-2 hours) to ensure the mother and father are settled in and comfortable (help with cleaning, meal prep). Also to answer any questions, guidance for breastfeeding or to take snapshots of your new family.
This covers the time from the point of a signed contract, prenatal visits, being on-call and costs during the labor and birth (support time, gas, childcare, food etc.). If finances are an issue, I would be happy to work out a payment plan that suits your needs. A deposit is required upon contract and the remaining amount by 35 weeks or at your first prenatal appointment (unless otherwise discussed and restated in the contract).
Pricing Starting at $950
50% due at contract, remainder at 35 weeks gestation. Alternate payment plans available dependent upon need.
Cash, check, or venmo. I can also provided receipts for HSA reimbursement.
Currently I am serving the Central and Southern Orange County area including: Mission Viejo, San Juan Capistrano, Laguna Niguel, Laguna Hills, Irvine, Rancho Santa Margarita, Coto de Caza, Dove Canyon, Ladera Ranch, Rancho Mission Viejo, Lake Forest, Foothill Ranch, and San Clemente, Tustin, Orange, Santa Ana, Newport Beach, Orange, and Anaheim.
If you do not see your city listed, please still reach out to me!
Contact me for further information
Or give me a call // shoot me a text!